Sunday, October 10, 2010

BCCI axes Rajasthan and Punjab for IPL 4

The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has terminated the contracts of Rajasthan Royals and King's XI Punjab IPL teams. As a result of this the two teams will be barred from participating in the IPL 4 next year.

The Board has issued a notice to the Kochi franchise and given them more time to get their house in order and incorporate a company.

The decision was taken during the emergency meeting of the IPL Governing Council in Mumbai

Meanwhile, Rajasthan Royals' co-owner Raj Kundra said that it was a sad development and "the termination of the contract by BCCI is shocking."

He further said that there are heavy investments involved in the franchise and they will now fight a legal battle. 

It was unanimously decided that the Franchise agreements with K.P.H. Dream Cricket Pvt. Ltd. (King's XI Punjab) and Jaipur IPL Cricket Pvt. Ltd. (Rajasthan Royals) will be terminated based on the Legal opinions obtained by BCCI in the matters.

"There are several irregularities and breach of terms and conditions of the (IPL) franchise agreement. All the three errant franchises need to get their houses in order before the next player auctions are held in November," BCCI President Shashank Manohar had said on September 29 after the Annual General Body Meeting.

Saturday, October 9, 2010

RAJASTHAN ROYALS AND KOCHI BANNED FROM IPL???


BCCI President Shashank Manohar has summoned an emergency meeting of the IPL Governing Council on Sunday in Mumbai to discuss appropriate action against three IPL franchises - Kochi, Rajasthan Royals and Kings XI Punjab.

Kochi's deadline to submit paperwork with regard to its franchise expires on Friday. According to information from sources, both Kochi and Rajasthan - may be barred from participating in IPL 4.

The BCCI in recently held Annual General Meeting (AGM) had issued show-cause notices to the new Kochi IPL franchise and to the Shilpa-Shetty-co-owned Rajasthan Royals and Priety-Zinta-co-owned Kings XI Punjab IPL for alleged irregularities.

The new Kochi franchise had been told to incorporate a company as soon as possible as the bid had been given to individuals and no legal entity had been incorporated.

The Kerala Cricket Association (KCA) had earlier in the month decided to initiate talks with owners of the Kochi IPL franchise on October 7 here to sort out various issues plaguing the controversy marred team. 

A consortium of owners, including Rendezvous Sports World had won the Kochi IPL franchise in March with a bid of Rs 1530 crore.

Controversy had dogged the new team following a spat between former Union minister of state for External affairs Shashi Tharoor and Former IPL Commissioner Lalit Modi over the ownership of Rendezvous Sports world (RSW).

Sunanda Pushkar, now wife of Tharoor, had held 18 per cent free equity in the RSW and had returned it after the controversy broke out and Tharoor resigned.



Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Indian 15 year old 'batsman' plunders 461

A 15-year old Indian schoolboy has entered the record books with a marathon innings in an inter-academy tournament conducted by the Vidharba Cricket Association. Ali Zoren Khan’s unbeaten 461 helped Nagpur Cricket Academy to a mammoth 1025 for 5 in 120 overs against the Reshimbag Cricket Club. Ali, who finished the first day on 364, knew there was a record to be broken when he returned to the crease on the second morning. He faced 308 balls for his runs, hitting 64 fours and 12 sixes before the declaration came. "I could have scored 500,” Ali said later about his innings, “but we had a plan to bat till lunch as we needed enough time to bowl them out twice. So no regrets.”
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...